Saturday, August 06, 2005

Back on the road...

Hey everyone
Well, things are going well. After about 4 weeks off I am back to work. Very happy to be back to work!!! I am currently in Rochester, MN for production for the east coast leg of the "Sesame Street Live - Elmo's Coloring Book" tour. I am a returning cast member along with Les Bowen, Antwaun Steele, Fred Mursch, and Keith Oliver. Also returning are asst. company manager Casey Gray, performance director Rebecca Shubart and crew members Markus Lutrell, Tim Hnat, and Matt "Doc" Brashear. While it is great to see some familiar faces it is also wonderful making some new friends.
The cast got into town last Sunday and we started rehearsing on Monday. Rebecca is whipping the show out and the new cast members are picking everything up quickly. The show was learned in 4 days. Very impressive.
As for me I am kinda bored. Rochester doesnt offer much and I already know the show. I have spent my week hitting "play" on the CD player-and I get paid for it! In any event it is still great to be back.
The month of July found me back in Chicago at the American Girl Theatre back in the role of "Bitty Puppy" in Bitty Bears Matinee-A Family Tree. It was awesome to get to come back for a little bit.
Beyond that I spent time just hanging out with friends and enjoying my break. It was freakin' HOT! I didnt go out much for that simple reason. My mother, cheryl, sister Sunshine and nephew Tyler came for a visit and we had a nice time at the science and industry museum and just relaxing.
My friend Dawn Difranco also gave a visit to Chi-Town. She came and saw my show at American Girl and we tried this new place called "cereality". Its a cereal Cafe. It originally started out at University but Chicago is the first one to open one up off a campus. check it out www.cereality.com . It was definatly something different and fun! Dawn and I bought spoons that double as a straw-who could ask for more!?!?!
Also back in Chicago in July I auditioned for The American Musical and Dramatic Academy of NYC. And I was pleased to find out i got accepted with a scholarship! I plan on enrolling for fall of 2006. Yes ladies and Gents Dusty is heading back to school.
However, in the near future I am simply heading to Grand Rapids. My show will play there August 25th-28th at the Delatplex. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Thanks for checking in on this new blog. This will be my new way of lettin' anyone who is interested know whats up. No longer will you have to delete an e-mail and feel bad for not reading it. Check back in only if you wish to do so. Ill probably put a new entry in every week or so. You can still contact me at duste@hotmail.com . Would love to hear from everyone!!!!
Dusty

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger amanda said...

First of all, I ALWAYS read your emails and never delete them without reading?
Congrats on AMDA... you must ve very excited! Ashley is living in NYC now, too, so I feel a visit coming on.
love, MLD2K

p.s. naivehelga.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home