Wednesday, August 10, 2005

For the love of beer!


As many of you may or may not know...I LOVE BEER! And not just any beer, no. Well, actually i love all kinds of beer but sometimes I can be very picky. Those of you that really know me and my specific beer taste know that my favorite time of the year is between April-Septemberish. Bell's brewery of Kalamazoo,MI makes the best beer in the world. All of their beer is delicious but the most delicious of all is Bell's Oberon Ale Avaliable only April-Septemberish. After September you are on a "while supplies last" alert for this guy. Seriously, how can I describe it? it's....it's.....Its " SUMMER IN A BOTTLE!" Unless of course you are lucky enough to find it on tap then its "Summer in a glass". So I had an eye appointment today here in Rochester,MN and I had to wear my contacts for a while and then come back to tell the doctor what I thought. While I had some time to kill and the liquor store was across the street I thought I would check and see if they carried this special brew. See, the other thing is you can only get it in the midwest. I walked in and found a large selection of beer from Bell's Brewery. I was very impressed. I thought "YES! There is some hope in Rochester yet-they will have MY beer!". But no Oberon. When I asked about it the guy said "Oh no-thats a fall beer". I didnt really know what to say so i said "No dude...it's my favorite beer..seriously, get on top of it. We have it in Chicago AND Michigan. how can you have all of these beers from Bell's and no Oberon!!!" He looked at me funny, as did the alcoholic with the pint of gin clenched in his hand. So...I just took a deep breath and walked out, still dissapointed with Rochester,MN. www.bellsbeer.com

1 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the quest for a better beer the best place to turn is by far the internet. Dusty took his first steps by giving you a link to bellsbeer.com however what he didn't tell you is that the website has a beerfinder link on it. The website will link you to all the distributors that carry Bells beers, the regions of each state they distribute to, and give you the phone numbers to those distributors. One more motivational challenge away is the phone call to the distributor to find out where they distribute this tasty brew to will and the next thing you know you will have a lead to your closest retailer. Don't worry Dusty. It has been located and will be purchased today or tomorrow for our fun this weekend.

Next stop in the test for the best ... Bell's Oberon vs. Schells' Zommerfest. Both seasonal "summer ale's". One is made in MI and the other by the second oldest family owned brewery in MN and the country, Schell's Brewery. The taste test is on for Sunday night ... results to follow!
~Anonymous beer lover

 

Post a Comment

<< Home