Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Barrel Fever


As I have said David Sedaris is one of my favorite authors. This book was one of my least favorites by him. He usually goes through a book in a format of short stories and refers to each story from time to time through other ones. Thats just his way. But this one is strictly short stories and essays that do not conncect in any way shape or form. That may work for some of you but i need something to get me through to the end of the book. If I am going to commit from the begining I need hope there is an ending worth reading. In any event, some of the stories were very funny but just when they got me laughing they ended and another one began. Still love Mr. Sedaris and I am now starting his most current release "Dress your family in corduroy and Denim". I will let you how it is, until then you can pick up "Me talk pretty one day" or even "Naked". they were both favorites of mine. I'm waiting to read "Holidays on Ice" until the holiday season. happy reading to you all, who knows how long I can keep this up.

3 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, Blogger amanda said...

This is actually my favorite David Sedaris book. I love that it mixes fictional stories and (somewhat) truthful essays. Of course, I loaned it to someone and never got it back, dammit.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger amanda said...

P.S. Have you read anything by Augusten Burroughs? You really, really should - you would love him!

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

Thanks, Ill check him out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home