Monday, May 29, 2006

Me, Lemon drops and people that dislike me...


"Nothing can ruin a career faster than an office party"

Last night was my friend Erika's 21st birthday party. There are NO BARS open in Tupelo, MI on Sunday...NONE. So me and a couple other people took it upon ourselves to throw Erika a bash. It was a great one, she had her own bar and she had a wonderful time and spent half the night with her head in the toilet. Mission accomplished? Well...I guess as the night wore on I didnt think I had accomplished quit enough. You see....does anyone remember Taylor, my old roomie? Well....I was walking to my room and walked past 412....I'm 406 and I heard this huge outburst of laughter come from 412...so I stopped and relaized the person I was texting was in there and then realized that they were talking about my text and talking shit about me. Taylor's new roomie is Ali. I dont like these people but I never talk about it and I go about my own life. Ali on the other hand is a flat out crotch to me outside of work and sticks her nose up at me and then at work calls me "honey" "darling" "sweetheart" etc. This drives me crazy! She dont know me, dont throw your empty terms of affection down on me when you dont like me. Just be nice and do your job, right? Dont be fake is the point.

Well....before I knew it I had barged into their room and got really nasty with both of them. I was all like "Why the hell dont you like me? I haven't done shit to either one of you blah blah blah..." I dont feel bad about anything I said....but I do feel bad for barging in on them at 2:00 in the morning. I just got fed up. I wonder if I will get called into the office at work about this one. Eh...2 weeks left. I guess I dont really care. What I do care about is that maybe these 2 will learn something from my outburst. I learned that they dont like me because Taylor thinks I'm annoying because I say what I actually feel and Ali doesnt like the way I "treat people". As for Taylor being annoyed with me saying what I feel, I dont feel bad about that and he can deal with it...I value that quality in me. And as for Ali's comment, I guess I dont understand....I'm real with people and I dont sugar coat stuff. I dont go out of my way to be nice but I dont go out of my way to be mean. If i dont like you then I will be friendly and ask you how your day was but I'm not gonna ask you to go rollerskating with me, you know?

I wasnt even that drunk. When is the last time you had some sort of drunken confrontation?

16 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I can't imagine someone not liking you Dustin. You're one of my favorite people in the world. It's their loss.

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being "real" and true are qualities that I find you only find in a few, great people. Those are people that know themselves, do not get walked on and stand up for what they believe in- themselves.
I love when everyone at work thinks that I am the biggest bitch.
Because I am.
and I worked for that shit!
TELL EM' WHATS UP BABY!!!
-boobs

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I don't really tell people off when I'm drunk. I get weepy and nostalgic and just tell everyone I love them.

And I agree with these people, Russell - you're a hell of a guy, and in two weeks all that will be left of SSL will be some crazy stories of the time you were the star of children's theatre's finest.

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My room mate this year is Taylor Morgan and he kicks ass!
He is a damn fine dancer too! So if I happen to mention the name Taylor you know who I'm speaking of now.

(THESE ARE YOUR OWN WORDS!)

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger christopher john said...

The abbreviation for Mississippi is MS by the way, not MI. . that's michigan I think, or is it missouri? Hmmmm, not sure, but I do know that MS is Mississippi. . . and that's all I have to say. . .

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

well, MS stands for multiple sclerosis. and i don't think that dustin is in multiple sclerosis.
if he was, i don't think we'd talk to him.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

I have a drunken confrontation like every other time I get drunk. I LOVE to call people out...

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Yes, you can be "real" at times, but usually, that's what we need to hear.

At least we don't have to go around wondering if you like us or not.

Love you, and who cares, it's only 2 more weeks! And I'm sure you're not the ONLY person who doesn't like them, maybe just the only one who would say it!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

anonymous...those WERE my own words in August. seriously? August. before taylor nearly drove me crazy. So, anonymous (who I have a suspicion just might be Taylor) time will do the talking and years will do the walking.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

i also erased a comment from anonymous that said "we all hate you" just cuz I thought if you are gonna say it be forward and put your name on it...let me know who all "all" is...give yourself some credit for hating me so much. I mean, if you are gonna take the time and energy to write it...let us all know who you are. you can hate me. I love you.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

What kind of a jackass takes the time to write we all hate you? Fuck off you asshole. Get some balls and put your name with your comment. Most people love dustin because he's a great person. If you don't feel the same way, don't read his blog. Get a life.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Casey said...

It's me - I hate you!

Just kidding!

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

annonymous blows! We all love you kiddo!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

Taylor, if you are reading this, I just want to let you know that our little blogging circle is sort of like the mafia. We take care of our own....just saying...

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

 

Post a Comment

<< Home