Thursday, March 23, 2006

Susan Tedeschi-Hope and Desire


Below I will post an actuall editorial review but first I will give my 2 cents. I love Susna Tedeschi, was introduced to her by my good friend Tara Bomba long time ago. I dont keep up on her but Paul copied this one, her latest , for me. I love it. My fav's are track 4)tired of my tears 7)sweet forgivness and 8) security....but I've only listened to it a few times-This could change! Pick this Cd up for some GOOD music and an amazing voice!

What CD is in yall's heads these days?

The sweet, husky mix of sugar and sandpaper in two-time Grammy nominee Susan Tedeschi's voice breathes sultry life into the art of classic soul singing on Hope and Desire, her fourth album. It's somewhat disappointing that she's chosen to defer her own songwriting in favor of classics and obscurities by Ray Charles ("Tired of My Tears"), Dylan ("Lord Protect My Child"), the Rolling Stones ("You Got the Silver"), and others. She's also left her guitar at home, assigning the exceptional playing to Clapton sideman Doyle Bramhall, Jr., and her husband, the Allman Brothers' Derek Trucks. But it's thrilling how Tedeschi applies her gospel-trained vocalizing to these 12 numbers, all tales of hope and desire, delivered at an unhurried pace so the delicate filigrees of her phrasing make them resonate with absolute emotional conviction. By the time the album closes with the gut-bucket blues "The Dangerzone," Teseschi's easily made the case for her third Grammy nod. --Ted Drozdowski

3 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

those are your favorite tracks? are you kidding me? have you NOT listened to #2 and #6? (the soul of a man and evidence, respectively)
i've got dance routines for both. (with or without fire-batons)

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

It's really sad that I can actually see you making up dance routines w/ fire batons Paul.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Well, I love Susan's version of Angel from Montgomery, but I don't have any of her albums. Someday...
I'm mostly listening to this CD I made of the music I listened to my freshman year of college. It makes me feel nostalgic, but not old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home