Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dixie Chicks-Taking The Long Way

I have always loved the Dixie Chicks. From the first 2 very country releases to their last bluegrass release "Home" and now with the latest "taking the long way" I love them even more. They just released this Cd last week on the 23rd. It has been the only thing I have listened to since. I cant even begin to tell you what my favorite track is. I'm not gonna pretend to even give a review, we all know I am bad at that. All I'm gonna say about this album is "I feel ya" on all counts. Everything they sing about is close and I know not just close to me but others. As usual the album is springled with some guest artist on the recording side and the writing side. to name a few John Mayer, Bonnie Raitt,Sheryl Crow, and Linda Perry. I was surprised to see that Patty Griffin didnt help pen anything on this album because at first listen you would have thought she may have. Maybe I missed her name in the liner notes. Accuratly enough they have titled their 2006 tour "Accidents and Accusations Tour"...brilliance! So, if you are any sort of fan AT ALL just go pick it up. I saw them when they did their "Fly" tour for their second album. If you have a chance and the spare $$ I suggest you get some tickets for you and your friends and enjoy a night with some good music, beer and good friends!

P.s. The video for the new single "not ready to make nice" is superb...check it out at www.launch.com

2006 Accidents and Accusations Tour
21-Jul: Detroit, MI--Joe Louis Arena
22-Jul: Pittsburgh, PA--Mellon Arena
23-Jul: Columbus, OH--Schottenstein Center
25-Jul: Philadelphia, PA--Wachovia Center
28-Jul: Albany, NY--Pepsi Arena
29-Jul: Boston, MA--Banknorth Garden
1-Aug: New York, NY--Madison Square Garden
4-Aug: Washington, DC--Verizon Center
13-Aug: Milwaukee, WI--Bradley Center
15-Aug: Chicago, IL--The United Center
18-Aug: Minneapolis, MN--Target Center
20-Aug: Kansas City, MO--Kemper Arena
22-Aug: St. Louis, MO--Savvis Center
23-Aug: Indianapolis, IN--Conseco Fieldhouse
24-Aug: Des Moines, IA--Wells Fargo Arena
26-Aug: Fargo, ND--Fargodome
3-Sep: Phoenix, AZ--Glendale Arena
6-Sep: Fresno, CA--SaveMart Center
8-Sep: Sacramento, CA--ARCO Arena
9-Sep: Oakland, CA--Oakland Arena
14-Sep: Los Angeles, CA--STAPLES Center
16-Sep: Las Vegas, NV--Mandalay Bay
23-Sep: Omaha, NE--Qwest Center
24-Sep: Denver, CO--Pepsi Center
26-Sep: Oklahoma City, OK--Ford Center
27-Sep: Memphis, TN--FedEx Forum
29-Sep: Dallas, TX--American Airlines Center
30-Sep: Houston, TX--Toyota Center
1-Oct: Austin, TX--Frank Erwin Center
3-Oct: Nashville, TN--Gaylord Entertainment Center
5-Oct: Tampa, FL--St. Pete Times Forum
6-Oct: Jacksonville, FL--Veterans Memorial Arena
7-Oct: Ft. Lauderdale, FL--BankAtlantic Center
17-Oct: Atlanta, GA--Philips Arena
20-Oct: Knoxville, TN--Thompson-Boling Arena
22-Oct: Greensboro, NC--Greensboro Coliseum
27-Oct: Ottawa, Ontario--Scotiabank Place
28-Oct: Toronto, Ontario--Air Canada Centre
4-Nov: Edmonton, Alberta--Rexall Place
5-Nov: Calgary, Alberta--Saddledome
8-Nov: Vancouver, BC--GM Place
9-Nov: Portland, OR--Rose Garden
11-Nov: Tacoma, WA--Tacoma Dome

Are you planning on attending any concerts this summer? if so...which ones?

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

I am having the same problem! I have a new favorite every day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home