Thursday, September 29, 2005

FLORIDA....


Ah....Florida. Um, I'm not a huge fan. I was surprised when I had a good time in Ft. Lauderdale and I had a wonderful time in Orlando but I am convinced it had to do with my good friend Casey being there and helping me mantain my sanity. West Palm...west palm, west palm. two words really, hate it. It's freaking hot! Some people are like "i just love Florida weather its the best!". If "the best" in there description means "Hot just like the firey pits of hell" then yes, its the best. I walk maybe 5 minutes to work and I am drenched with sweat. I know all of you that know me are saying "well Dustin you are just a heavy sweater" and yes, yes I am. However, In this situation I am NOT the only one sweating and just once this week i would like to make it to work with a dry shirt! Is that to much to ask? I guess I will have to bring another shirt to change into. And pricey, who lives in this place called "west palm". I'm assuming I am in the wealthy area of town. And on that note-oh dont get me started. to late! My company manager knows what I make for a living, she sends the pay roll into the office every week. She knows I cant afford a neighborhood like this. Lord! I go out to eat (which i have only done once) and I dropped $15 on myself (not including tip) for a wrap and a tab-yes tab, no diet cokes in this land. And that was me being cheap. to be fair, it was one of the most excellent wraps i have ever had. It was a chicken southwestern wrap from this place called "Field of Greens". In any event, that didnt stop me from wandering around for a grocery store. And here I sit with my hot pot....they say chicken noodle soup is good for the soul right? At this moment I'm just wishing it to do something for my attitude.

4 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Aww, poor Dustin. well, at least you are not in panama city ... THE GHETTO of Florida! I swear, this place is FUNKY!!! I am so scared I might contract some kind of mental defect here. Anyway, I love and miss you terribly! :)

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Awww... you make me sort of sad for you, with your hot pot and chicken noo-noo soup. However, I really like the new look of your blog - it's so classy!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger lisa said...

Welcome to my life - until May at least. I live down the road in Miami, where it's hot, humid, expensive and ghetto all in one! Yes, West Palm is the nice place where the richies live....

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember FLL has nothing but NYC transplants (hence the TAB and no diet coke). At least you will be in TPA this weekend, enjoy the Cuban Sandwiches and YBOR CITY! WOO HOO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home