Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Whats in your CD player?


What's in your Cd player these days? you know how sometimes you get really lucky and you stumble upon a cd that you put in your cd player and you never really take it out. Oh sure, you will occasionally switch it out for a breif taste of something else but that is by no means the end of the "flavor of the week" cd. My current one is Shelby Lynne's-Suit Yourself. She has always been an amazing artist to me, even back in the day when she was doing strictly country. Since she branched out with 2000's I am Shelby Lynne I have been kind of hot and cold with her. The album that followed in 2001, Love Shelby was painful. So painful that i didnt pick up 2003's Identity Crisis until AFTER I bought Suit Yourself which was released this year in May. Shelby produced this album herself as she did with Identity Crisis. The best part is that the tracks were intially layed down in her own home near Palm Springs, CA. There was no digital wizardry here, just minimul knob twisting and maximum heart. I love the entire album but some of my favorite tracks are; Go with it, where am i now, I cry everyday, i wont die alone, you dont have a heart & Iced Tea. Shelby has this off the cuff ongoing studio banter which makes you feel, as the listener, like a fly on the wall in an incredible recording session. So give it a listen if you get the chance!

4.5 out of 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home