Monday, January 23, 2006

Lenny and Aerosmith


Working in the performing arts I occasionaly get some perks out of it. My stop last year in Vegas was my first taste of that. More recently my performance director's boyfriend was hired on for the account manager for the Aerosmith tour. I know it's kinda dorky but I am an Aerosmith fan, have been for as long as I can remember. First saw them in Detroit when I was 18 with my friend Christina. That show rocked! The set list was amazing. When Rebecca (my performance director) told me that Scott (her bf) got a job with them I kinda freaked and told her that if our tours were ever close "I dont care if you can get me tickets or not I just wanna go". Well, we were just about 3 hours away from them this past week. I did not have to buy my own ticket...no. I had a backstage pass, 10th row seats, couple free shirts, some pins and buttons and some playing cards and all sorts of swag. Lenny Kravitz opened and he was awesome. His set list was actually WAY better than Aerosmiths. Then Aerosmith came on and I snuck down to the front row, but really, you can pretty much get away with anything when you have a backstage pass on I discovered. I would go to get beer and come back and be ushered through passed people that were squabling with security. It was great! I grew up going to concerts, my mother was very supportive in that area in concern of my need for music and shows and such. I had never had an experience like this. It was sweet! And yes, this is an actual picture of how close i was to Stephen Tyler. The top one is a pic of that fine man Lenny. The man is 58 and has a rockin ass, made me wanna go to the gym.

What concert did you go to last?

10 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I don't want to admit to the last concert I went to. Is Lenny really that old? Damn, I need to start working out, stop smoking, and stop drinking so I can look hot when I get that old.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Scott, you dumbass, STEVEN TYLER is old, not Lenny Kravitz.
And I think the last concert that both Scott and I attended was Clay Aiken. I'm not ashamed.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Casey said...

I hate you. Lenny is a hot bitch. I saw him in Hollywood 2 years ago, performing for the Ryan Seacrest show. He was HOT!!! You are lucky!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

scott and i went to a concert once. we stood the whole time. and we went on some rides.
"rides."
you know what i mean.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last concert I went to was Cher's Last Tour. It was absolutly fabulous and the costumes were awsome--beats the hell out of ripped jeans!

Rip on her all you want, she knows how to give a concert.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

sorry beth, i to saw that cher concert and it blew. she rehashed the same exact show she did 5 years earlier-that was sad.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I'm so ashamed that not only did I misread your blog and think Lenny was 58, and Amanda called me out on going to see Clay Aiken. At least Paul didn't say who we saw in concert together.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

You saw Kelly Clarkson with Paul yo! And there is nothing to be ashamed of with that one.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't see the concert 5 years earlier hence I didn't mind. I did see Ray Charles about a year before he died, I'm not sure if I liked him better or his Rayettes. I kid you not.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea the last concert i saw, but i DO know that I just bought tickets to Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden. Scott after Amanda outed your shit about Clay Aiken, there was no need to hide your love for kelly c, we all knew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home