Friday, October 07, 2005

Losing a contact lense...


Okay, so have you ever lost a contact lense and you end up having (without asking) about 3 people on the ground trying to help you find it? Well...I wear glasses in the show and a sports strap is attached to these glasses so they dont fall off. At intermission i hook the sports strap to a HUGE fan backstage so it can air out and then I go to the dressing room and change for ACT 2. When I came back to the fan today backstage my sports strap was gone. My stage manager called "5 minutes!". At 5 all th performers must get into full Muppet gear. Well, my strap had appaterently blew away and the only place it could have blown was into this mad mass of black electrical chords. Did I mention the strap is black? needle in a haystack. As I stand over the pile looking, one by one muppets started to help me look. Um....This was really funny for me. And as I finish typing this i realize nobody will except myself will see the humor.Picture it! All these muppets huddled around backstage looking for a black "chord" in with abunch of other black chords. picture it! I swear, it was hilarious!

6 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Casey said...

what happened to your clothespin? Anyway, anyone who has been a muppet or worked with muppets knows exactly what that looked like, and sees the hilarity in it. I mean, you can barely see your own two feet in a muppet head, how are you going to find that little black strap? some people's children!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

what DID happent o my little clothes pin, i had it when the season started....hmmm....barbra butts must have taken it.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Divafina said...

I used to read and eat food in that Muppet head, and I would sometimes knit in costume, because I couldn't be bothered to unzip when it was really cold. I get the humor, I really do.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Seth Chalmer said...

You could do without the strap. Just fold the glasses and put them in one of your billion pockets whenever you dance. And then pretend to have bad vision and bump into people.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

So, give me closure. Was the strap found? and I assume this was for P. Art's glasses? Hmmm, eating in costume. Not surprised..... :)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger amanda said...

This is awesome. Seriously. Awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home