Wednesday, October 05, 2005

seriously reading...and it feels so good.

So, I really am reading a lot these days. I used to take me months to finish a book. I find myself finishing them in a week or so lately. For me thats pretty amazing. Anyway, the latest was the most current release from my favorite author. I had to wait a year to read it because I had to wait for it to go paperback, traveling with a hardcover book is simply ridiculous. Anyway, this was by far my favorite from David Sedaris. "Dress your family in corduroy and denim" was a very solid read from start to finish. In his other books i usually reach the middle and hit a lul for a couple chapters and get really bored. Not with this one. I love David Sedaris and even more I love his sister Amy Sedaris (co-creator of comedy central's Strangers With Candy). So to hear him talk about his family is so interesting to me, not to mention hilarious! He blur's the lines between fiction and reality and it has you guessing what is true and what is frabricated truth. Either way he kept me laughing the entire time. I love this man! Read it-I dare you.

5 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Casey said...

You dare me, eh? Well, I just might. There is nothing else to do since I am UNEMPLOYED!!! Besides, I'll need something to read on the plane to Minneapolis! Love ya ...

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger amanda said...

This isn't my favorite David Sedaris book, but I read it really fast. I guess I have to go back and re-read it to savor it! Dustin, you really need to get the book I wrote about during Friends Week... I wrote about it in your honor!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

Amanda-what book is that? refresh my memory please! Casey my dear-you say you are unemployed yet you say you will read the book when you are back to your venture in employment...honey.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Dustin - it's called How I Paid for College. I don't remember who wrote it, but I bet you can find it on Amazon. Just remember that it's fiction, so you don't end up getting a how-to on actually paying for college!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Divafina said...

This wasn't my favorite one of his book either. I couldn't wait to get this home and I finished it in less than a day. I was disappointed. You have to pick Augusten burroughs, Running with Scissors is one of the best books ever!!! cheers...df

 

Post a Comment

<< Home