Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The 2005 American Music Awards

So...as a rule I dont really watch this show anymore. If I do tune in it's to see a specific performance they have advertised. Up until last night on TV it said over and over that my lady Kelly Clarkson was gonna be there. Did she perform? NO. Was she even there...NO. Kelly Clarkson was MIA last night. That made me sad. But Cyndi Lauper performed her new version of "time after time" with sarah McChlachlan...it was perfection. Hillary Duff performed and I wasnt excited about her but one of my friends who is now Mr Black Universe 2005 (Antwaun Steele) , he knew one of the dancers and I had met the guy so it was cool to see him on TV. To add to that...I met the guy for like 2 minutes and developed a major crush-so thats why it was cool to see him. Hillary looked a little strung out.

Lindsay Lohan performed......It hurt my soul.

The Eurythmics had a reunion performance but unfortunatly I had to miss it because my roomies wanted to watch the season finale of "The Real World - Austin". I am sad I had to miss the Eurythmics...love that Annie. But there were some cat fights to be had on MTV.

And then there was Rob Thomas...I was actually moved by his performace. I was shcoked then and I still am today. My eyes got misty when he sang his song, go Rob.

I forgot to mention that Mariah opened the show-she did her high pitch squel and stuff but I sure do miss the ole days with that girl. So...to sum it up, no need to tune into this show unless there are definatly going to be some people on that you wanna see. I will ask again...where was Miss Clarkson?

4 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

I saw the Eurythmics live once-it was amazing! And the Cyndi Sarah duet was wonderful.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Will Lindsey Lohan please pick a hair color and stick to it? JEEZ! anyway, I would have loved to see Cyndi too. She's an awesome performer. Instead, I watched the Biggest Loser and then went to the gay bar for karaoke. Fun times!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I hope Kelly hasn't gotten too big for her britches and just decided not to show - that would be awful! Maybe something came up, or maybe she has a touch of the flu. Get well soon, Kell.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

or maybe she's triflin'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home