Thursday, November 17, 2005

Movies and T.V.


So I'm staying at my friend Casey Daigle's this week in Louisiana. Last night we decided to rent some movies. I have been wanting to see SAW for a long time and now that SAW 2 is in theatres I really wanted to see part one so I can see part 2 on the big screen. This is some fucked up shit. I love scary movies with a passion and it was awesome to finally be freaked out again. I'm sure all of you know the basic deal here but basically this guy had to saw his leg off to live. But that's not even the freaky part. Rent it and see for yourself.

Then there was SUPER SIZE ME. Now, I should have seen this like what? 2 years ago? I know-it's been out a long time. Finally I have watched the wonder that was Morgan Spurlock's brain child. I understand the point he was trying to prove...really I do. And yeah, I think a lot of it was nasty. See, I've never been a big McDonald's fan as it is, but my opinion hasn't really changed. I guess I felt gross about McD's before and I still do. I just thought the actual facts would make me feel more gross about it. After watching it, I still woke up this morning and wouldn't have thought twice about eating a delicious egg and cheese mcmuffin. But, that's where McD's lies with me. Breakfast every now and then and beyond that...I stick to the salads-with a vinaigrette please. Seriously though-30 days and nothing but that stuff...now THAT makes me ill.

So before we started the movies I was thrown into watching "america's next top model". I had NEVER ever EVER watched an episode of this. Not even for like 5 minutes. I have to say, I was immediately sucked into the drama. That kim girl needs to shut her trap and jayla gots to go, Bre is to cute and I hope she wins, Nik looks funny to me, like funny strange, I'm glad Lisa got cut and that Nicole girl needs to go next, or right after jayla...Seriously. Did I forget anyone? Oh yeah, and why does Tyra start whispering at the end of the show?

5 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Casey said...

I love ANTM! Personally, I thought Lisa was pretty good - although she was completely crazy. Kim needs to be nice, cause she totally could win. Bre is good too. Nik does look funny - she always looks all cracked out. Jayla and Nicole need to go.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I had never seen ANTM before last night either! I think Nicole is beautiful but vapid - there is nothing going on behind those big blue eyes. I think Nik is extremely funny looking... why is she in this competition? I like Bre and Kim, and Jayla is sort of nothing to me. Uh-oh - another show I'm going to have to watch!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

This show is greatzies! But Lisa was my fav. She was a crazy insecure drunk...just like...well, nevermind...

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

It's so sad that after watching supersize me I had such a craving for McDonald's fries that I actually had to go get some. Yes, I was repulsed by the movie, I mean they showed him throwing up for Christ's sake, but there's something about showing a product over and over that makes me crave it. As far as ANTM, how have you never seen that? They do marathons on VH1 like once a month. First season is the best. And Charlie, there's nothing wrong w/ saying your an alcoholic. I am.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

yeah, scott, you are an alcoholic. but you're fuckin' hot too.
what are ya doing tomorrow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home