Thursday, November 10, 2005

Being on tour...


So....I was on vacation for 10 days. On this time off I had a wonderfully relaxing time at my good friend Lucia's house in Austin, TX. I vegged out, watched TV, slept in, cooked, did laundry-at no charge and had use of a car whenever I wanted. This was all awesome to me! Who could ask for more? The weird part I will now mention is that the minute I checked into my hotel Wednesday night and put that little key card in the door to room 235....I felt at home. I feel "at home" in any given hotel room in the US of A. This troubles me. I also got the best nights sleep I had gotten in 10 days. A hotel is no longer a hotel to me....it's fucking home. Just seems bizarre to me.

4 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger Casey said...

I know exactly how you feel. Scary, huh?

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto, but at least you are somewhere different most weeks. What is really scary is when the hotel clerk remembers your name, or they ask if you want your usual room.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

you make a finepoint cuz.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Seth Chalmer said...

You know what's funny, D? As soon as I saw the picture of a hotel room with two double beds, I got a huge wave of recognition and...not quite homesickness. But almost!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home