Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Easton, PA


I would like to announce the engagement of Dustin Harder and Dawn Difranco....Just kidding. But seriously, wouldn't make a great engagement picture? Dawn and I were very excited about this picture because we have a habit of taking pictures where either one or both of us looks a little "downsy" or like we forgot a picture was taken so here it is....The first good picture of Dustin and Dawn.

I am playing in Syracuse, NY this week but my roomie Doc and I went to visit our friend Dawn in Easton, PA the last couple days as she was there with her show "Clifford the Big Red Dog Live!". She is the company manager and manages a bunch of Canadians on this U.S. tour and she is fabulous at it! We also got to see our friend Chris Harper and he didn't fall asleep on us, some of you will understand that.

We got there Monday and went to dinner at Don Pablo's where we had a maragrita and then realized it was to late to buy any wine in PA. So what did we do?? We crossed the border and went to New Jersey...we had nothing else to do. We got back to the hotel, each had a glass of wine and went to bed.

The next day we had plans to go check out the crayola factory but we skipped out on it. Instead we had lunch at the Red Robin and this place is ridiculous. I walk in to the statue of liberty holding a torch with no lie....a cheeseburger as the flame. I have never been to this restaurant, what the hell is wrong with our country when any corporate whatever can just crap on the lady liberty like that? ridiculous. And...america is fat and this place allows endless refills on fries. I had a delicious tuna sandwich with french onion soup. To be fare, the sandwich was delicious but this restaurant is disgusting.

Then we went and saw "V for Vendetta". Dawn and I like to go to movies and get a big popcorn, no butter, and diet cokes. So we took a picture of us with our goodies. As you can tell by the picture-I'm the actor. The movie was pretty good. I'm sure those of you that see it will either love it or hate it. I wanna see it again. I think I might really like it but I'm not positive yet. Natalie Portman was awesome and the violence was awesome as well and I never say that about violence but they way it was filmed was great. See...I think I REALLY liked it, I shall watch it again.

Next Chris and Dawn shop for "Clifford the Big Red Dog".

Then dinner at "Carrabba's". I had been here twice before and loved it both times. We all had an extremely tasty glass of sangria and I myself had the Rigatoni Martino...penne pasta, mushrooms, chicken, scallions and sundried tomatoes in a creamy tomato sauce....sssssooooo good.

Then we went back to the hotel and I met some of thee cast and crew of "clifford". They we're all deliciously canadian and sweet and willing to tell me all aboot themselves and weren't sourry for a thing. We had some wine and some laughs and I got an invasive hug from Steph the "mess" canadia. "Mess" being used in a good way here. She was very sweet but has this strange hug thing she does which is intended to freak out any unsuspecting stranger but it has a sexual approach and Dawn should have known better to send this girl to me with this...I turned it on her pronto and had her screaming and running from me. I'm just good like that.

I had to leave Dawn this morning. I'm still sad. But I have to say, I love driving in PA on a sunny day. I have maybe 5 or 6 times in my life (driven through PA) and each time it makes me smile. So I got to see Dawn who I adore and on both the drive there and the way back to Syracuse it was gorgeous out AND Doc let me play DJ with his iPod. Loves it!

Have you ever eaten at a Red Robin? What do you think?

5 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I've eaten at Red Robin, and I liked it. Endless fries! YES MA'AM! And that spice stuff you can put on them. And the burgers are good too. I'm glad you had fun with Dawn, and I am amazed that Chris didn't fall asleep. Miracles really do happen! ;)

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Will you make that face if I go to the movies with you? Love it.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger christopher john said...

I had such a GREAT time! We have to hang out again! When are you doing RHS? I would love to see it! Have fun, and see ya soon! P.S.--Those fries are DELICIOUS!!!!

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dustin! I just laughed my ass off at your blog. It was so nice to meet you too.....my special hug doesn't always work on horny gay guys.
be good.....
Steph

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Baby! What do you mean your "just kidding" about the engagement? I already got the dress and sent out the invitations. Mom's very excited to meet you know that she knows you're not a stalker!

I miss you already and am so happy you boys came to visit! Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home