Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Muzzy, water and Tank...



I'm back in Chicago and Muzzy is healthy as can be! Yay! And here is finally a somewhat decent picture I took of him yesterday.

So I know I was gonna end the blog last week but I figured I would give it one more week since I have Madonna tonight!!! Of course I will have to write about that which I know has all of you on the egde of your seats.....sit pretty.

Being back in Chi-town is awesome. Monday I just chilled at home and waited for my luggage since it got lost. Finally, it arrived at 12:15a.m. I'm trying to stay at home and not go out much as my funds are low thanks to Muzzy's visits with the vet, but he is doing great which is what matters most.

My roomie Niki bought cat shampoo and was gonna giuve Muzzy a bath. I advised against this....cats dont like water yo. I have given Muzzy a bath only once before when i first took him in because he like rolled around in an oil spill or something. But I thought since she bought the shampoo and he is my cat and she wants him bathed and she does take care of him while i'm gone...i would do it. Muzzy freaked...no...F R E A K E D out, I have a gash on my right foot from his back claws to prove it...he started wailing and screaming and flailing about. So, he had a semi bath...like as much of a bath as i could give him i would say. I must say his fur is all shiny now, um, i guess thats cool.

Yesterday was great. I went and met my very good friend Jamie off the brown line Montrose stop for some drinks at "scots"...a bar I frequented when I first moved here but have since not gone at all. I dont really like the bar, but Jamie lives by it so when I see him we go there sometimes and I always get free shots. It used to be free drinks when a certain bartender worked there back in the day, ah but those days are gone.

After a few drinks we went to this awesome sushi place in Lincoln Park called "Tank"....it was ssssssssssssoooooooooo good. If you ever get there you MUST try the "Ocean sundae" roll....so delicious.

Then we went back to Jamie's and my friend Jordan came and met us and we had some Oberon's and just hung for a bit. Well, they talked politics and I listened to Madonna's confessions album because the CONCERT IS TONIGHT!!! Erika is stuck in traffic on 90 as we speak and Dale is on his way in from Minneapolis...it's going to be excellent!

Um...I think this is my vacation.

Have you ever bathed a cat?

5 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Yah for Madge! I want to hear all about it! And take pictures!

I am still very sad to hear that the blog is going bye-bye ... does it have to go? If it does, I'll expect phone calls, e-mails, and myspace comments!

Love you, and glad to hear that your first few days off the road have been enjoyable!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Mr Lee said...

the key to bathing a cat (which i wouldn't recommend) is to put them in one of those things girls use to wash their delicates --- they usually have a drawstring tie. So you stick the cat in the bag, leaving its neck out, tie the sucker tight and then WASH QUICK! The little holes in the delecates bag let the water and shampoo in, but keep those claws at bay ;) GOOD LUCK!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Oh the horror stories I could tell from washing cats. My right wrist has scars running down it from one satanic cat I had to bathe once. I have scars on my chest from a cat who freaked out and clawed me. The hook of the claw went in the skin, and the tip of it was sticking out too. I had to bend his foot to get his claw out of me without ripping off the skin. Gross.

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bathing a cat sounds freaky... They probably look all skelaton like when they are wet... ewwww.
So, what are your plans now boo!?!? Call me, send a fax, an e-mail, MySpace comment, whatever.. and let me know what you are doing for the Summer!! Love you! and I MISS YOU!
DO NOT STOP THE BLOG! :)

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, that last comment is from me...
-Boobs.
hahahahahah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home