Saturday, June 10, 2006

Pro Art and the Pallettes...

Okay so tomorrow is my last day on Sesame Street. I am very much looking forward to it, but just like with anything you do repeatedly, over and over....there are some things I will miss. As far as the show is concerned I will miss the amazing Pallettes the most. For those of you that haven't seen the show the Pallettes are Professor Arts partners and he would be absolutly lost without them. I adore them all...yellow for being mellow, red for bein' on fire and blue for being cool.

The Pallettes are a delicious mix of sass and soul.I kind of like to look at them as Professor Art's "Harletts". If you have seen Bette Midler in concert you know that she never does a show without her 3 staggering harlett's. They changed on every tour for her, and so did mine. The 3 ladies that did the voices of the singing trio in the disney movie for "Hercules" did the voices of the Palletes for our show. They have a great number called "Mix it up" that believe it or not I think I will miss very much not hearing it every day.

The Pallettes I would also like to mention carry, in my opinion, the heaviest load in the show. They do the most dancing and they are in almost every scene. They were in it so much that when we remounted the production this year they were taken out of a couple numbers so they could get more of a break like everyone else does. It's not easy going non stop in those costumes. The are also the only muppets in the show that dont actually come from the street, sesame street that is. So each person cast in the role wasnt forced to stick to what was written in stone on the T.V. show, they had room to play and incorporate their own personality into the character. So in this post I would like to thank every Pallette I have worked with in the past 16 months. From the primary Pallettes to the understudies...thank you for being awesome at what you do!

The Pallettes from January 2005-June 2006: Carrie Maroney, Miki Dun, Christa Alter, Dani Cohen, Jenn Miller, Valerie Whitehead, Emily Conway, Joice Passos, Danielle Garman-Kaufman, Chereese Mackey, Emily Turay and Erika Twining. Thanks Ladies!

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I know that, when I saw the show in Detroit, I was most impressed with the Palettes. Those ladies can kick crazy high... or did the costume help with that illusion? I think the big Muppet feet amplified the vision of the insane hyper-extended over-the-head kicks, but seriously, it only helped a little. Those girls can KICK.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Oh, how I wish that I was a part of that list!

Don't forget about all the other little people that tripped over the stairs and took your paint pallete from you every show! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home