Sunday, October 09, 2005

Beaches the novel...can it get any more gay???

Yes....it can. But seriously, Beaches has ALWAYS been one of my major gayeties. Love the movie-love, love LOVE it! I watch it at least once a year. You really can't watch it more than that cuz if you do you cant really pretend you dont know whats gonna happen. It has everything a gay guy needs, Bette Midler, musical theatre, death and a nice cat fight between Bette and Barbra Hershey. ANYWAY. I have been a fan of the movie for years and always wanted to read the book. Well, I could never find it because it was out of print. Finally, I found a used copy on Amazon.com and I just finished reading it. Once I could get use to a couple of the name changes I was on my way. The book I would say is better than the movie but...the movie has Bette. So, it was just as good as the movie and at times possibly better. Comprimise eh? So, if you are a fan of the movie, as I am, the book is definatly worth the read. At least this gay man thinks so.

"Whats yodelling got to do with anything!"

5 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Casey said...

You are just a gay reading machine! And yodeling is very important to Jewel. So be nice!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I have always wanted to read this book - hold on to it because I want to borrow it!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

Amanda my love, you can borrow it whenever you wish. but I MUST have it back cuz it took me forever to find. And Casey, its a lone from the book AND the movie-turn you're gay quote machine on. I adore Jewels yodelling.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jewel still yodels? I thought she gave that up when she left the great white north?

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Noland said...

beaches is probably my favorite movie ever (and steel magnolias) i havent ever read the book, but as soon as i am done cruising the blogs, im all over finding myself a copy on line.
"you look like a corpse, is that specific enough for you?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home