Saturday, November 05, 2005

Car wrecks...


Okay so it wasnt as bad as the picture to your left but I have recently caused some damage to a car. I am in Austin, TX this week visiting my friend Lucia. She is a wonderful lady who always makes me feel at home on my visits. She even lets me use her car whenever I want. Which is freaking awesome right? Like I said, she is a great lady! Well...while borrowing the car Tuesday morning another car swerved in front of me (basically just cut me off). Um...I kinda overreacted...just a titch, and caused some major damage. When I swerved out of the way of this car that I thought was going to hit me I went up a curb and busted off her hub cabs, busted her tires and bent the shit out of her rims. In that process some other crazy things happened to the front of the car that I cant get into much detail about only because I cant really remember-not good with car stuff here. In any event, the car and myself were towed to the local firestone where mommy footed the bill for the car damages and I will spend my next 5 pay checks paying her back for....it was so NOT pretty. And that was my first FULL day in Austin on my vacation....WELCOME TO AUSTIN! The next day the U.S. postal service raped me of my life savings for my passport. what a world. Can you believe we need a passport to go to Canada now....damn Elmo.

8 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger amanda said...

A tree once fell on my car, and the cars of two of my friends, and it was just about as bad as the picture on Dustin's blog. Only with more leaves twigs.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Divafina said...

You don't need a passport to go to Canada. I got by with my birth certificate and two forms of I.D. But it's good to get your passport regardless, just in case you ever have to run overseas or chase Elmo to another country...Sorry about the car, that sucks..

 
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you took a good picture, because that one will be with you for the next 10 years. FWIW, Diva is correct, you do not need a passport for Canada, Mexico, or Central America until Jan of 2008. However, it should be noted you SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE A PASSPORT! You never know when you might "need" to leave the country. (If Scott Peterson had a valid passport, there would have never been a trial).

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Casey said...

hey, at least you didn't hit a tree trying to park your car! Hey, now that you have a passport, come visit me in Holland! :)

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

well, for whatever reason my company made me get a passport to go to Canada-so everyone I INDEED DO need one for the specific reason of going to Canada-or else i dont have a job. But thanks ya'll.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

did i tell you i have a good friend who does sesame street live? he was oscar the grouch.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

whats his name? i am Oscar sometimes as well.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

He doesn't do it any more. His name is Bruce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home