Sunday, November 27, 2005

SELLEVISION


I just finished this book "SELLEVISION" by Augusten Burroughs. This was the first book I have read from this author. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

"Sellevision" started out slow but was taking time to draw out the characters so it still held my interest enough to keep reading until it picked up. It is the story of a bunch of host on a retail shopping network called sellevision. The book follows about 5 or 6 different plot lines involving the host on the network and the details of their crazy lives. It was hilarious! Well, from like the middle on it was hilarious. You have Max who gets fired for exposing his penis on TV. Peggy Jean who is a god fearin' woman slipping into alcoholism and pill adiction. Leigh is doing "it" with her married boss and as you can imagine that unfolds in it's own sorted way. Bebe is sellevisions star and she is simply looking for love. There are a few more characters that pop in and out, if you are looking for a fun read this should do the trick. I can't wait to read more by this author.

Anyone read anything fun lately?

8 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

I love this book. I read it in one day.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

Oh, and right now I am reading the first book I have liked in a while. The Inner Circle by T.C. Boyle. It is a fictionalized account of the whole Alfred Kinsey story as told by one of his assistants. Super good and all about sex. And I do love sex!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I loved this book, too - so much! Maybe I'll re-read it right now.
The last FUN thing I read was Pledged - The Secret Life of Sororities, but right now I'm reading the 6th Harry Potter book. It's great, but not "fun."

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

I cant wait to read that "pledged" book since you first spoke of it...did you ever get the book i sent you?

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Well, I need to get back to reading the second book in Anne Rice's "Sleeping Beauty" trilogy. I'll check these books out for my trip to Holland.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

sleeping beauty books on an airplane? that is more like alone in your room reading. I totally loaned Sellevision to you Amanda, didn't I?

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

did you notice that i posted a link to your blog on my site? I mean, you don't HAVE to, but you should totally link to mine.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger amanda said...

No, Charlie, you bought me Kavalier and Clay and Barrel Fever for Christmas and both were borrowed and never returned. I found Sellevision on my own!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home