Friday, December 16, 2005

Care Bears Live


My company produces several different children shows. One of which is "Care Bears Live". It is a coloboration with my company, vee corporation, and American Greetings. I'm guessing the fact that American Greetings is backing it has something to do with the fact that it is still up and running. They previewed the show last year and I guess it did "well" enough that they put it back out this year. I am in Durham, NH this week and The Care Bears were performing about two hours away from us last night so a bunch of us hoped in a van to support our company and one of our sister tours. So, the drive was two hours and the show was almost an hour and a half and then a two hour drive back....that was 5.5 hours of my life I will never get back.
The show was horrible. The music was bad, the choreography was bad and the staging was bad. Who's idea was this? And do kids even know who the Care Bears are anymore? Yes, the merchandise is still on the market but are they still on Television? They didn't even do the "Care Bear Stare"!?!?!? What the F? There house last night is what our house looks like on a really bad BAD day, and they said it was one of their best audiences. The show had its cute moments, Like when Funshine bear said to Grumpy Bear "Have you tried yoga?"...cute. Overall it was painful and needs to close. The heads on these costumes were HUGE! I took a picture with Funshine and Bedtime bear and MY GOD! The head they wear is like 10 of my heads. On the up side, on the way home it had all of our muppets going on and on about how lucky they are to have our show. All the shorties could have easily been put on Care Bears! There was one redeemable ditty called "seriously"....but seriously? One number out of like 20? Taint right. And I have to give props to the cast members and crew, its a job, and they all did wonderfully. Grumpy Bear was awesome....with what he had to work with. :-)

Have you waisted any time in your life lately?

4 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Is Care Bears that bad? I was kinda hoping it would come close so I could see it. Now I really want to, just to see how horrible it is. And as you know, I am wasting LARGE amounts of time trying to make high school kids look decent on stage. Why God why???

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I wasted time going to class today - an hour and half of the worst presentations I have ever heard. OK, two or three were not bad, but the other seven were pretty awful.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

i always give good presentations.

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dustin, at least you only had to see it once... I sat throught it (usually eyes closed) about a gazillion times. Hope tour is going well for ya. Miss you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home