Friday, December 09, 2005

Portland, Maine


As some of you may or may not know I have been somewhat um..oh I dunno...depressed, lonely, bored? I can't think of the right word. I'm very grateful for my job and to be doing what I love. I work with some amazing people.But just like any job at some point it becomes very much "old hat". At the same time I have days when the show starts and I hear the kids scream and see their faces light up and my world pauses for a minute and I feel like I am the luckiest guy alive.
This week has been WONDERFUL! I am in Portland, Maine. I stepped off the bus when I got here and I just felt "good" or at least "better" than I had felt in the past few weeks. The atmosphere in this town is a mix between like Ann Arbor, MI and even Chicago but then with the scenery right at the edge of town with the water and lighthouses, not to mention all of the local coffee houses and brewery's! And we all know how much I love me some beer. I have had some awesome pale ale's this week I must say. Oh! I had some good sushi last night too. AND it is a wonderful feeling to say "fuck you" to the starbucks on the corner and go sit at the "java net cafe" across the street and chat with a friend for an hour. Friends.....
I was also very fortunate this week to get a visit from a very good friend, Dawn Difranco. Dawn was my company manager on this tour last year and has since moved onto company manager for "Sesame Street Live" International and also works on "Clifford the big red dog live" and is completing her masters at the same time! I call her Dawny pie hands-her hands are in many a pie. Her visit this week has made me feel like me again. So often on tour you can't talk to people about what is really on your mind because even though you know you can trust the person...you can never really be sure. Dawn I trust with all my heart and I am so happy to call her a good friend. She leaves in a few hours and that saddens me. But then I have one week until I see friends in family in Chicago AND Michigan! Woohoooo! Many thanks to Dawn for lifting this boys spirits this week!
The snow, It snowed today. Okay well, it is STILL snowing and it's gorgeous. that perfect snow, you know? I really like it. But in my true winter fashion I have already lost my gloves and my scarf. Now worries! I head to wal-mart to pick some up in about an hour.
Side note on Portland is that once on a family vacation when I was wee lad I was at a carnival here and rode one of their crazy spinny rides and yaked up a bunch of blue cotton candy, no repeat performance on that one....yet.

what do you say kids? you for the snow or against the snow?
Anyone else ever yak up some blue cotton candy? I dont think I have eaten it since.

4 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Katie said...

YEAH!! I can't wait until you come to Chicago to visit!! I'm on break from 12/23-1/7, so it's all about drunk and disorderly week!! I am definitely anti-snow, as I had to spend roughly 1.5 hours driving 15 minutes worth of distance yesterday, and another 30 minutes digging my car out this morning... Can't say that I've ever yakked up blue cotton candy, but that might just be because I had the good sense never to try it :) Sounds like Fear Factor food to me :)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

When you visiting Chicago? I LOVE Portland. I just spent one night there on a road trip, but really loved it. I was there for the 4th of july...

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

I will be home in Chicago at my apartment Dec 22nd-Jan 4th. Let meknow if you wanna hang Charlie.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

I do wanna hang indeed. but I get back from michigan the 27th. e-mail me your info to baasecha1@hotmail.com. I belive I have give you my phone number before, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home