Friday, December 02, 2005

Still on Rent.


Ahhhh.....

"I'll kiss your Doc Martins, let me kiss your Doc Martins!!! your every wish I will obey!"

"That might be okay, down girl...heal, stay."

Just some wonderful lyrics that were NOT included in the film. I know you guys are sick of it but when I said on my last post that the cinematography was "flat" my friend Amanda replied...and I quote:
"I think Columbus purposefully made it spare, so you didn't realize you were watching a movie. Does that make sense? The movie-ness didn't get in the way of the music and the story to me. "

I do UNDERSTAND. But to say he made it sparce so we didnt relaize we were watching a movie is like asking me to forget I paid for a ticket to the movie in the first place. We know we are watching a movie and he ain't foolin' nobody! Still love you more than my luggage Manders....who also said (and this is just a fun quote) when I called her at 8:30a.m. Wednesday morning "what the fuck are you calling me so early for?" Can't a boy just wanna have a chat early in the morning?

My over all complaint still is the lyrics turned Dialogue and SO much insight to the characters and the story that is missing from removing that music from the show completly. Unfortunate.

I urge you all to listen to the original broadway cast recording and hear that music once more. Some of it's more meaningful than any of the formulated verse/chorus/verse/bridge/chorus songs.

3 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Angel, girl, pass a comb thru that wig before you go on stage!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Divafina said...

I agree...I didn't like the movie either....I was let down..

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger amanda said...

OK, compared to the original Broadway cast recording, no, the movie wasn't as good, but compared to the other versions of Rent that I PERSONALLY have seen, it was truly spectacular.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home