Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Walk the Line

I went and saw "Walk the line" with my good friend Jordan when she was visiting me from Chicago while I was in Columbus, OH last week. I knew Joaquin Phoenix was gonna be awesome but I had my doubts about Reese Witherspoon. Let me say that I love everything Reese has been in (who doesn't love Election or Legally Blonde or...-I mean, seriously). But she was gonna be singing and this isn't some crazy comedy. This was some deep shit, well, biographical shit anyway. And I had read interviews with her saying she would call up her agent saying she couldnt do it and she was freaked out. Reese Witherspoon was nothing short of AMAZING as June Carter-Cash. The chemistry between her and Joaquin was brilliant. And the vocals-damn. See, I'm always weirded out when it's a biographical film of a music artist and they have the actors do the vocals. But then it adds some realness to it as well. I dont care what Reese says but girl can sing! And so can Joaquin. They were both so believable that at times I felt i really was watching Johnny and June act out their own story.Even if you are not a fan of these two legends go see it if you get a chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home