Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Tales of the City

I was introduced to the T.V. series "Tales of the City" by my good friend Joseph Bertucci about 5 years ago. I watched the first bunch of episodes and quickly moved onto "More Tales of the City" loving every bit of it. Then waited for "Further Tales of the City" to premiere on Showtime. It did, I watched it, I loved it. I am still waiting for the last installement of the series which i dont think will be made and that makes me really sad. I recently decided to read the books by Aumistead Maupin and they are brilliant! The series was made exactly like the book, every single last detail is in the series just as it is in the book. I have never seen anything followed so well, the screenplay takes ALL of the dialogue from the book, it's freaking awesome! And the characters are so wonderful in their own seperate ways. The series also features some great performances from Laura Linney, Olympia Dukakus, Parker Posey and so many more! If you are a reader go pick up the book and if you prefer T.V. go rent Volume one, seriously, you will NOT be dissapointed! I'm moving onto the book "More Tales of the City" next. Seriously, read or watch it-you wont be sorry.

Is anyone else familiar with Tales of the City? Thoughts? Fav Chracter?

3 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I LOVE Tales of the City so hard. I own all six books and reread them all the time. My favorite characters are Prue Giroux, because she's so ridiculous, and Mona, D'or and DeeDee - lesbians are cool.
Dustin, Armistead Maupin has an awesome novel called Maybe the Moon. It's about a dwarf actress. It's so great!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

okay, you texted me about a midget earlier and now dwarfs?? what the F!?!
Mona is my fav fav...and connie bradshaw.
okay, well....you have a fantabulous day!!!

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm reporting on Tales Of The City for a grade. I would appreciate it if you and/or anyone else who commented would like to talk about any aspect of the book with me. I'd really appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home