Thursday, January 05, 2006

Back on tour....Reunited and it feels so good...

Hey Everyone!
I'm back on the road. First stop Hershey, PA. Yup, where all that delicious Hershey goodness comes from. I will not be visiting the chocolate factory as it is shut down for some reason. I'm not really to bummed out about it though. Elmo was on the news this morning (I think it was this morning) where he recieved a 5 pound Hershey bar that was promptly taken away from him. Choclate that close to these costumes is a HUGE no no.
I was last in Pennsylvania in September of 2001. I was here learning choreography for a show called "Crash Boom Bang" for a childrens theatre company called "For a good time theatre" that was located in Saginaw, MI. They have since gone out of business. I was here the week of 9/11. It was crazy! I remember Paul and Amanda came and picked me up because we were all to scared for me to fly as I'm sure you can all imagine.
Um, not much has changed here in Pennsylvania. It's really pretty. Of course it is winter now and it was fall when I was here before but I have always thought Pennsylvania was pretty.
Yesterday was a smooth travel day. I miss Chicago and all my friends and my cat very much but it's back to work. Looking forward to doing the show tonight. As Tina said to one of her back up singers in the movie "whats love got to do with it"....."you know me, once I get on stage, I'm alright" I feel the same way.
We start the second half of the tour and we still have all of the original cast memebers from August which is kind of unheard of with this company. this tour actually has what is known as the "east coast curse". I think we may have broke it.
I also start the new year with a new roomie. As many of you may know I was driven nearly insane the first half of tour because of my living situation. I think I will be much happier with the new guy. His name is Doc and I have toured with him since last year and he's really cool.
Not much else happenin'. Sorry there is no pic, this hotel's computer is a bizatch!

How is everyone's New Year treating them? I hope well.

9 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

Yeah, a show called Crash Boom Bang wouldn't do well after September 11th.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger christopher john said...

Glad to hear that you'll have your "sanity", or what's left of it, for the rest of tour! Have fun! :)

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Divafina said...

DUDE!! My East Coast tour we went through like 9 live characters, some didn't even go on!! When the tour was over we had 7 orginal cast members, some having been replaced 2 or three times. It was an UGLY tour!!
Good lucK!!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I remember when Amanda and Paul came and picked you up. Didn't I give you a keychain or something? Random.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Noland said...

in that same scene, tina had a breakdown and cried because she could finally relax and do so!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Amanda and Paul coming to pick you up! Ah the memories of Saganasty . . .

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Yes, my wagon made that trip - we left at 9 PMish, got to Dustin at 6 AM, and turned around and drove straight back so Paul and I could be at rehearsal. And don't forget, Ashley was there, too!

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

yes...I remember Ashley.

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Well, I'm joining the ranks and going out as a replacement! Oh, I can't wait for weigh-ins! haha! Call me, or I'll send ya something interoffice mail!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home