Saturday, January 07, 2006

Let's talk shop...

How many of you have jobs you hate with people you hate?

I'm assuming the rest of you are unemployed. I know hate is a strong word. But I had a co-worker come up to me and say "You are not happy right now are you?" and I was like "no...not really" and he continued to say "I can always tell when you are pissed or unhappy-you just have this really harsh look on your face". I do, and I know that. See, at that specific moment I was looking at this girl who will remain nameless and I was just kind of gritting my teeth because I was just near her and honestly she just said something so F-ing stupid I had to walk away. I didnt like her before break and I thought a break might help but it turns out I was wrong. She walks around calling people "sweety" and "honey" and I just wanna be like "You dont know me, just come to work and I'll be nice to you and you be nice to me but dont fucking over do it! And stop trying to get a hug out of me! I DONT LIKE YOU!!!" But I hold back because the reality of it is I work and live with her and have to do so for the next 5 months and she could potentially fuck things up for me in a couple areas when I am performing-you have to be nice to people with power like that. So I suffer.

Come on be honest-there is someone you dont like at work. Tell me who gets your blood boiling at work.

6 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a guy here at good ole' Whole Foods in Lincloln Park Chicago that I dislike with a passion. His name will not be mentioned but he walks around with such fake importance as if he matter in the rest of our worlds that it literally makes me sick.
That's all.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I'm happy with all my coworkers now, but at my real job last year in the woods of northern Michigan, I had some real doozies. There was the 28-year-old hall director who was dating a 17-year-old student, the headcase hall counselor who hated everyone we worked with, which in turn made us hate her, and the sexually harrassing BOSS who was just so smarmy and creepy that I really can't stand him. That place is a mess.

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the "biz" there is always some self important a$$hole who is late for rehearsal, not finished in time for tech, or doesn't wear underware to their fittings! None of you all have to deal with the no underware issue do you?

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I don't wear underwear to my fittings. I didn't know that was a problem.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

Not yet at this job, but I hated my boss tons at the last job I had. She was sot stupid and had no social skills and micromanaged me and made my life hell. I get so mad just thinking about it.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Well, actually, I relatively liked everyone in the Holland cast. Oh, except one person ... who feels the need to talk ALL THE TIME. About nothing! And always says the SAME STUPID JOKES that make NO SENSE!!! But besides that, I liked everyone! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home