Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Toronto

hey everyone!
I was in Toronto last week and I had a really great time! let me tell you aboot it. Monday we got there and went to the death cab for cutie/franz ferdinand concert. I dont remember much of the concert cuz I was hopping from suite to suite meeting canadians. but the suite was free and Natalie Portman was in the suite next to ours so that was cool. I think the concert was good...
Then Tuesday I just kinda bummed around Toronto doing not much of anything. I had dinner at this place called "philthy Mcnasty's". We only ate their because of the name.
Then I picked up tickets to go see an equity production of "HAIR" on wednesday. I have always loved this show and had never seen it on stage. LOVED IT! loved it so much that Erika and I went back on saturday night to see it again. And it was once again brilliance. Then we went to a bar by our hotel after the show and who should walk in but like 5 cast members from HAIR....we chatted it up with them and went over to Katrina Reynolds house for one last drink...she was an understudy in the show and we saw her when she went in on Wednesday night when we first saw the show and she was fierce. she is the girl in the picture with the hat on. dance captain in the middle with the hand over his face and the hand belongs to the girl that played Angela.
Wednesday morning I had to be interviewed on this show called "daytime in toronto" and as we are standing there waiting to go on I was drooling over the actor that was being interviewed when i realized who he was. John Breger from Degrassi:the next generation. It is a show that is filmed in canadian and just now has started being played in the U.S. on the NOG channel. I used to watch it all the time!! And this actor was the "gay" guy in the show....Elmo and I got a picture with him. I did that whole thing that I do when I meet someone famous and cant talk. Half because I used to have a huge crush on him and the other half because I was taking the picture literally seconds before my interview and I tend to zone in that moment anyway. Isnt he adorable??? John that is...not Elmo.
All and all the week was really great and the audiences were awesome. The theatre we played in was huge and they were close to sold out a couple shows. Only problem was that the other guy that plays Art, Glen, got really sick and still is sick and i did the majority of the shows. I'm a little burnt out but I just hope he gets better soon. I feel grateful i got to perform for the canadians....good peeps.

How was everyones week last week?

5 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger amanda said...

YOU'RE Philthy McNasty!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

My week was shite because you weren't around.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger christopher john said...

Did you shave off your goatee? Cute!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

ha ha-silly lady....I worked!

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. sounds like you had a fun time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home