Thursday, December 29, 2005

My head hurts...

So....last night I went and visited a friend at their apartment in Boystown. We had drinks, got some thai food delivered and began watching the movie CRASH. NOT the most recent CRASH but the really creepy one with James Spader and Holly Hunter. It freaked me out so much in the first 30 minutes that I had to turn it off. It was just disturbing. Anyway, after some cable T.V. and some more cocktails it was 11:30....I decided at this point I wanted to go out. My friend did not. As I walked down the boulevard of gay bars here in Chicago I see there are lines at like every bar. Me going to a bar by myself is a huge step as it is I certainly wasnt gonna wait in line by myself. And then I see it, in the distance, good ole nasty seedy full of amateur stripper boys "the Lucky Horseshoe". My friend Brian and I used to go here to make ourselves feel better about ourselves. So I thought...It can't hurt. I think I get embarresed for these strippers, I can't even look at them. I walk directly to the back bar past the strippers and order a beer. I watched the DVD "Dixie Chicks On Top of the World Tour 2003" in its entirety at this bar from about midnight to 1:30....pathetic I know. Anyway, I made friends with the bartender and had like 3 drinks and only pad for one.
Now it's 2:00a.m.
I'm not ready to call it a night yet. So....the only bar open in walking distance is "Berlin". Now, I'm not proud of it but I have been kicked out of this bar like 3 times. Usually because I get a little lippy with the lesbian door lady...luckily she wasnt there. This again is another bar Brian and I would go to to make ourselves feel better...and yeah, some times dance. And it helps that they are open until like 5:00a.m. I guess the point of this post is that the one night I actually get my ass out to boystown to go out nobody will go out with me and all of the "good" bars had lines. What the F? it was Wednesday night yo! I might give it one more go around but the weekend is coming and I hate crowded bars.
OH! I did meet this guy named Kyle at Berlin, I'm kind of smitten. SO freaking cute. maybe Ill call him today. As usual...what's the point? I leave town in a week.

Have you ever been kicked out of a bar? What for?

6 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Casey said...

No, I have never been kicked out of a bar. Well, unless you consider them sweeping you out as the bar is closing "thrown out." Oh, and a question ... where did you get those pics of the gay bars? Did you take those yourself?

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

got them online, those are the actual bars I was at last night.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Casey said...

That is so funny! You know I totally would have gone out with you! :)

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

Dustin! I love the Lucky Horseshoe. My birthday party is going to be there on January 11! I really really wish I was there with you cuz I am not embarassed and LOVE strippers. Even dirty ones.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Noah said...

My friend was kicked out of roscoe's once because they thought he was drunk, but he just has a fucked up eye.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

I was kicked out of Roscoe once as well. I had blacked out and seperated from friends I was out with, so I don't know the details, but I called someone and said I hit a bartender there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home