Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Joseph Paul Bertucci


This is Joe. I just wanted to write a small post today because it has been over a year since he passed away and this man meant the world to me. Joe was like a father to me. What gay male doesn't wanna have a gay dad right? He officiated my wedding ceremony, we went on a road trip around the country together, he directed me in several plays , and we worked together as co creaters on a few productions. Beyond all that he is one of the best friend's I have ever EVER had. I love this man with all my heart and miss him TERRIBLY. I also wanted to do this post because I LOVE this picture of him and wanted to post it on here as soon as I could. It was taken in 197somethin' or other. he looks amazing! I hope everyone has someone in there life that helps shoulder the load sometimes and answer some of life's questions for you sometime. I've needed him so many times in the last year. But we learn as time goes by that it's good to need people and it's human to need people but to truly get the most out of that you need to be there for yourself first. Since Joe has died I see pieces of him in people I meet from time to time...thats comforting. He was a kind soul with a HUGE heart and would do anything for you. But if you pissed him off that hot blooded italian temper would come out. But I cherished even the temper. Miss you Joe.

5 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Joe was an amazing man, and I miss him. It's great to know his memory lives on in everyone he touched though.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I miss Joe, too - I learned more from him in three community theatre shows than I did in four and a half years in college. He taught me to have humanity in my acting, and that's a huge lesson. Love you, Joe - and you too, Dustin... can I be your gay dad?

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww... It's so nice to remember the people in our lives that touched us so deeply, and Joe was defiantely that man. Thank you... Dustin, for introducing me to such a great spirit. It was a huge loss to the people that knew him and the world of theatre. I love you for this post and for EVERYTHING!
Miss you!
Boobs

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

i always loved joe, even when he hated me. he was a little spitfire.
sometimes, it's very clear he's looking down on us. and laughing.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can not get past the dark beard and hair. My Joe was bald and had a white/gray beard. He was a handsome devil. When he died I was so angry . . .who was going to teach Eli to question everything that I tell him? Wow I miss our conversations--I am a better woman and designer because of sharing my life with him for 2 short years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home