Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Philadelphia Story...

So I have a story. I'll call it MY Philadelphia story. Obviously I'm in Philadelphia , PA. Got here yesterday. My friend Erika who is on tour actually goes to school here and is off the year to tour. She is staying at her apartment downtown. Well, my friend Joice and I wanted to go visit her today and check out downtown Philly. We were told the train was a block away...wronger...It was like 4 or 5 city blocks away (at tinicum and bartram actually)which is fine and all but it was cold and blahblah blah. We get to the train and its not like a subway train but a TRAIN like all amtrackish and shit. And as usual the maps for the public transport are all confusing, but we figured the South Eastern Pennsylvania Transit authority (SEPTA) out. However, there was nowhere to buy tickets so Joice just gets on and the train that is halfway full of people and she is like "Is this the train to PHILLY???" (mind you we are IN Philly). The lady taking the ticket money was like "YES" then Joice is like "Well where to we pay for a ticket??" and the lady was like "On the train". Meanwhile I was cowering behind her. So then we endured a 15 minute train ride into the city which wasn't bad at all except that we couldn't stop laughing (I swear I almost peed) and everyone on the train was staring at us....For good reason of course.

Then we get off at the 30th St stop like Erika said and then Erika said "get to 29th St." so we went the wrong way and went to 31st so we turned around and all of a sudden we were on 23rd...What the eff??? Eventually we got to Erika and we joined her and Cyndi for a rather rushed lunch.

Cyndi had a doctors appointment. We met with our friend Chereese and chilled for a bit at a starbucks. So Me, Erika, Chereese and even Joice were obsessed with this guy sitting by us. So much in fact that I pretended to take a picture of them when I was really taking one of him. We all sat at the table and wrote things about this guy in Joice's journal while staring at him. Then as we got up to leave and we were still admiring him he got on his cell phone and had the voice a fourth grade girl.....bummer.

Erika departed for dance class and Cyndi departed for a nap.

Then it was time to shop. Joice got a fabulous bag at Urban Outfitters and I got some sunglasses, a hat, and a wonderful bag at H & M (we all know that place F**king rocks). Then we went and had some delicious eats at the Santa Fe burrito place. SO GOOD.

We went to Erika's to watch American Idol-I only watched some as I had an important phone call to deal with. I blew up the toilet in Erika's house mates bathroom. The toilet wouldn't flush....in fixing I stained my fingers blue. I just wanna clarify that I fixed it through the BACK of the toilet not by actually sticking my hand IN the toilet bowl. Okay?

Then Joice and I started the journey back to the hotel. Once again an adventure. We didn't think we needed tickets cuz we just paid cash before on the train but there was a ticket machine so we got some but it took us like 10 minutes to figure out the machine and then it wouldn't take our money so we had to exchange it for coin dollars and then after all this trouble it pumped out a tiny little teensy weensy ticket and THEN as we were on the train we found out we could have paid cash on there.

Despite these sorely events the day was awesome. Philly is a great city and gave me a wonderful vibe the minute I stepped off the train. I didn't get to see much but I did get to walk around. Atmosphere was great and it appears to be full of great food, entertainment and whatever else you are looking for...My kinda place. AND the public transportation system really has it going on. The best part about today was getting hang with Joice a little more. We haven't been the best of friends on tour but we have always liked eachother, despite our "lets fight" relationship. today was nice for us I think because it brought us closer together because of many circumstances. We had some good talks and an AWESOME time. I know I did...I hope she did as well. Joice plays the Red Palette in the show and can kick her head like nobody I've ever met. Not only that, I have been doing this show for a year and a half....I'm bored...she makes the show fun for me. thank you Joice, on many levels.

Anyone been to Philly? What do you think?

Also, I neglected to mention that Joice almost got hit by a bus, truck or car at least 1o times probably.

6 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

fucking adore you.

 
At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you're in Philly, venture down to South Street, and get your punk on at Zipperhead. I used to frequent there when I sported my mohawk. Some of the most fun people watching as well. Resist the urge to get pierced or tattoed...

If you are good, I'll give you directions to the "Blob" diner. (the original movie) Serving up the best blue plate specials-ever! A word of caution while you're out east...stay away from the scrapple (disgusting head-cheese like product). Not to be confused with Snapple (delightful beverage).

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Aww, what an adventure! Philly sounds like a good time already! What should I do in OKC?

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

Casey....nothing.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Oh, you went to H&M and didn't buy undies? for yourself OR for me? what is this blasphemy?

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I love that you pretended to take pictures of your friends so you could take a picture of someone hot. That's something I would do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home