Monday, October 24, 2005

Travel Days....


Today's date is Monday October 24th. Every Monday on this tour is a "travel day". A travel day can be easy or a travel day can be a mess. Today was probably the worst one I have ever experienced. The bus ride was supposed to be maybe 4 hours. It turned into 10. we were on the bus for maybe 3 hours and then went to lunch and 30 minutes after we got back on the road a beeping noise was heard and then....the bus just stopped. Someone said something about gas in the oil tank, nobody knows. Anyway, a bus didnt come to get us until almost 5 hours later. We were stuck on the side of the highway in the middle of nowhere in Gergia. We made the most of it...peeing in the woods...eating oreos and reeses peanut butter cups for dinner....and playing fun games like "M.A.S.H." and "Hangman". Good times! Eventually we were rescued by another bus and places safely in the most shady part of Macon, GA. Woohoo!

2 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Casey said...

And people wonder why I made a shirt that said "I hate travel days!" They are seriously the worst days ever. Everyone is all flustered cause you had to pack your whole life into a suitcase that morning - then sit on a bus for who knows how many hours - and if something is going to go wrong, IT ALWAYS HAPPENS ON A TRAVEL DAY!!!! I hate them.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Divafina said...

One thing that I hate about travel days was that people where always grumpy. Some traveled well others didn't. I had my share of bad days on the bus but some people always acted surprised that we were traveling all around the U.S. on a BUS! I never got that, give me my journal, some magazines, my tunes and a good group of people around me and I was happy. OH! And I always sat in the 10th seat behind the driver, ALWAYS! I had a strange superstition that the bus would flip over if I didn't sit there. Our bus was always breaking down on EMM, pick a tour or year and I've got a brokedown boose story for ya!..Sorry for the long post, but it got me going..df

 

Post a Comment

<< Home