Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My day at the movies...


So there is this theatre on Illinois Ave right before you reach Navy Pier here in Chicago. It's just your normal AMC theatre but for some reason it's my favorite! My favorite thing to do here is go pay for a matinee and go see it and then sneak into another movie. I feel that we as americans-ecspecially those of us in major cities, are way overcharged for movies so I really dont feel like I'm ripping anyone off. I simply feel like I am getting my money's worth. Today I saw "Rumor Has It" and "The Producers". Now, I have said it before, this is by no means a review for a movie....okay? simply my thoughts and when they come to movies they tend to be brief. So in comments dont ask me to tell you more about the plot of the movie or something. Anyway-"Rumor Has It" was simply okay. There were times when I found myself thinking that the movie was really really good and then whenever I felt that way I realized Shirley McClaine was in that scene. Shirley McClaine was freaking awesome, her character was so much fun to watch...she is brilliance, I adore her.
Then there was "The Producers". I know me being like a musical theatre actor and all this stuff everyone probably thinks that I have a lot to say here. Honestly, I have avoided this show for years and I dont know why. I walked in completly blind and honestly enjoyed it very much.

Anyone see any good movies lately?

5 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

yeah, i have never been to excited about the producers either. but, will prolly check out the movie.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I actually have no desire to see the Producers. Maybe I should though...can you give me a little of the storyline?

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

Well, these wacky guys are faced with a problem and sing about it and come with a hairball scheme to save the day!

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missy & I saw "The Ringer" over Christmas. It had some real belly laugh lines, but the ending was a little sappy.

Dustin... Remember to go rent "Blazing Saddles" (very important funny movie)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

Thanks for the reminder Jason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home